CASCADES REDWOODS GROVE - WATERWORKS BLUEGUMS - THE WATERWORKS WOLF - RIDGEWAY- THE FERN GROVES - ROYAL TASMANIAN BOTANICAL GARDENS - THE SPRINGS - MOUNT WELLINGTON DOLERITE - THE OCTOPUS TREE
Ancient forest trees, gorgeous gardens, and spectacular scenery awaits
Discover the incredible forest on the giant mountain looming behind Hobart. Travel through a variety forest landscapes to discover the secret location of ancient trees - only a short drive from the Hobart CBD!
Send us your photos after the Expedition and we’ll include them here!
Things to do:
Based on your interests, we’ll work together to make a custom itinerary that could include:
- Travel through the Ridgeway Plateau Scenic Drive
- Stand below the surreal and amazing Octopus Tree
- Walk along the soaring Eucalyptus regnans forests of kunanyi/ Mt. Wellington
- Marvel at the massive trees of the Waterworks Reserve
- Imagine the history standing below the Waterworks Wolf
- Enjoy cascading sandstone waterfalls hidden in rainforests
- See the redwood grove planted at the Cascades Gardens
- Visit the secret Fossil Layer Beds
- Travel to the summit pinnacle of kunanyi/ Mount Wellington
$350 for half-day expedition (2 people)
$360 for 3 people
$370 for 4 people
Half-day (between 4-5 hours) expedition starting between 9:00 AM or noon.
Includes savoury pastries & fresh fruit as a light lunch
Transport from your lodgings or a convenient meeting place
Opportunity for longer or shorter walks, or minimal-walking car-touring
A great way to minimise travel time and maximise forest time
Useful information including cancellation policy, equipment list, and more, can be found at the Trip Info page.
We’ve worked with or appeared in:
Vehicle C02 emissions offset by:
Some error has occured.
We acknowledge the long human history of Tasmania and pay our respects to the Tasmanian Aboriginal communities.
Direct booking link is here. Contribute to our citizen science efforts at iNaturalist. Discover the biodiversity of the Giant Forests of Tasmania via our downloadable iNaturalist Field Guide. Email us at email@example.com. Tell the world about these giant trees at TripAdvisor. Read our story of how we began. Check out some of our Media appearances. Meet ambassador trees we know and love. Learn about and book your place on an Expedition.
© Giant Tree Expeditions. Learn more about our media & writing portfolio at Outreach Ecology. You might enjoy reading about our lovely island at Tasmanian Geographic.