Ancient forest trees, gorgeous gardens, and spectacular scenery awaits
kunanyi Forest Expedition
CASCADES REDWOODS GROVE - WATERWORKS BLUEGUMS - THE WATERWORKS WOLF - RIDGEWAY- THE FERN GROVES - ROYAL TASMANIAN BOTANICAL GARDENS - THE SPRINGS - MOUNT WELLINGTON DOLERITE - THE OCTOPUS TREE
Discover the incredible forest on the giant mountain looming behind Hobart. Travel through a variety forest landscapes to discover the secret location of ancient trees - only a short drive from the Hobart CBD!
Send us your photos after the Expedition and we’ll include them here!
Things to do:
Based on your interests, we’ll work together to make a custom itinerary that could include:
- Travel through the Ridgeway Plateau Scenic Drive
- Stand below the surreal and amazing Octopus Tree
- Walk along the soaring Eucalyptus regnans forests of kunanyi/ Mt. Wellington
- Marvel at the massive trees of the Waterworks Reserve
- Imagine the history standing below the Waterworks Wolf
- Enjoy cascading sandstone waterfalls hidden in rainforests
- See the redwood grove planted at the Cascades Gardens
- Visit the secret Fossil Layer Beds
- Travel to the summit pinnacle of kunanyi/ Mount Wellington
$350 for half-day expedition (2 people)
$360 for 3 people
$370 for 4 people
Half-day (between 4-5 hours) expedition starting between 9:00 AM or noon.
Includes savoury pastries & fresh fruit as a light lunch
Transport from your lodgings or a convenient meeting place
Opportunity for longer or shorter walks, or minimal-walking car-touring
A great way to minimise travel time and maximise forest time
Carbon Offset Travel
Our vehicle CO2 emissions are offset by Carbon Social forest regeneration projects
Useful information including cancellation policy, equipment list, and more, can be found at the Trip Info page.
Contact us regarding:
Educational excperiences available for all ages. Please contact us directly to arrange curriculum, timing, and transport.
Media Content - Technical Treeclimbing Services - Film Production Assistance - Scientific Services -School Excursions - Citizen Science
We’ve worked with or appeared in:
Some error has occured.