An amazing adventure in the wild ancient forest
The Far Southern Forests
THE ARVE GIANT - LAST OF THE ANCIENT BLUE GUMS - HUON PINES - TAHUNE AIRWALK - ZIG ZAG GIANTS GROVE
To the massive river gorges in the farthest corner of the continent - ancient rainforests, immense trees, a canopy walkway into the treetops - via the apple orchards of the Huon Valley
Send us your photos after the Expedition and we'll include them here!
Things to do:
Based on your interests, we’ll work together to make a custom itinerary that could include:
- Explore the Giant Treetops at the Tahune Airwalk canopy walkway
- Visit the Arve Giant Tree – one of the very largest living trees
- Drop in on the Geeveston Town Hall Museum and see their forest interpretation
- See the rare and ancient Giant Forest Blue Gum – planted worldwide but from these very forests
- Walk along the secret corridors of the Arve Forest Loop, travelling behind locked gates alongside ancient forest groves
- Meet the moss-clad ancient Grandmother Antarctic Beech Tree, a rainforest elder
- Roadside apples, peaches, pears, and nectarines seasonally available from honesty-box stands
- Travel up into the dolerite subalpine forests of the Hartz Mountains towering over the giant forest valleys
- A quick visit to the Summer Kitchen, arguably Tasmania’s best bakery
- Scenic drive along the Huon River – mountains, sailboats, picturesque bays
- See the ancient Pencil Pine trees in their mountain habitats
$585 for full-day expedition (2 people)
$45 for each additional person (vehicle capacity 5 passengers + 1 driver)
All admission prices included
Includes gourmet picnic, snacks, fresh fruit, and hot drinks in the forest
Opportunity for longer or shorter walks, or minimal-walking car-touring
Unparalleled opportunity to see some of Earth's finest forests
Carbon Offset Travel
Our vehicle CO2 emissions are offset by Carbon Social forest regeneration projects
Useful information including cancellation policy, equipment list, and more, can be found at the Trip Info page.
Contact us regarding:
Educational excperiences available for all ages. Please contact us directly to arrange curriculum, timing, and transport.
Media Content - Technical Treeclimbing Services - Film Production Assistance - Scientific Services -School Excursions - Citizen Science
We had an incredible time with Yoav and the giant trees! The Tasmanian landscape is breathtaking, and getting the chance to see it on a curated personalized tour with… read more
Some error has occured.