THE ARVE GIANT - LAST OF THE ANCIENT BLUE GUMS - HUON PINES - TAHUNE AIRWALK - ZIG ZAG GIANTS GROVE
An amazing adventure in the wild ancient forest
To the massive river gorges in the farthest corner of the continent - ancient rainforests, immense trees, a canopy walkway into the treetops - into the burn zone - via the apple orchards of the Huon Valley
Send us your photos after the Expedition and we'll include them here!
Things to do:
Based on your interests, we’ll work together to make a custom itinerary that could include:
- Explore the Giant Treetops at the Tahune Airwalk canopy walkway
- Visit the Wonderboom Giant Tree
- Drop in on the Geeveston Town Hall Museum and see their forest interpretation
- See the rare and ancient Giant Forest Blue Gum – planted worldwide but from these very forests
- Walk along the secret corridors of the Arve Forest Loop, travelling behind locked gates alongside a
- Roadside apples, peaches, pears, and nectarines seasonally available from honesty-box stands
- Travel up into the dolerite subalpine forests of the Hartz Mountains towering over the giant forest valleys
- A quick visit to the Summer Kitchen, arguably Tasmania’s best bakery
- Scenic drive along the Huon River – mountains, sailboats, picturesque bays
- See the ancient Pencil Pine trees in their mountain habitats
$620 total for full-day expedition (1 or 2 Expeditioneers)
$45 for each additional person (Maximum 4 Expeditioneers)
All admission prices included
Includes gourmet picnic, snacks, fresh fruit, and hot drinks in the forest
Opportunity for longer or shorter walks, or minimal-walking car-touring
Unparalleled opportunity to see some of Earth's finest forests
Useful information including cancellation policy, equipment list, and more, can be found at the Trip Info page.
We’ve worked with or appeared in:
Vehicle C02 emissions offset by:
Some error has occured.
We acknowledge the long human history of Tasmania and pay our respects to the Tasmanian Aboriginal communities.
Direct booking link is here. Contribute to our citizen science efforts at iNaturalist. Discover the biodiversity of the Giant Forests of Tasmania via our downloadable iNaturalist Field Guide. Email us at email@example.com. Tell the world about these giant trees at TripAdvisor. Read our story of how we began. Check out some of our Media appearances. Meet ambassador trees we know and love. Learn about and book your place on an Expedition.